1. Take backup of all dbs in Principal Server
2. Pause Mirroring on Principal Server for all mirrored dbs
3. The Principal server databases becomes (Principal,Suspended)
3. Stop all SQL services on Mirror Server (Including WMI service)
4. Apply CU patch on mirrored servers
5. Unpause Mirrors (wait for them to catch up)
6. Failover the databases (the Mirror server becomes Principal server)
7. Pause Mirroring
8. Hand-over to Application users to test and wait for their confirmation to proceed.
9. Stop all SQL services on Mirror Server (Including WMI service)
10. Apply CU patch on Principal servers
11. Unpause mirrrors
12. Failback databases.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Proven SQL Server Architectures for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
If you are looking for your organisation to implement High Availability and Disaster Recovery for SQL Server R2. Please read Paul S. Randal wrote this white paper. You can get it from the following url.
Paul S. Randal (SQLskills.com)